With the school year starting and everyone’s agendas already filling up, I thought I’d take a moment and think about what I’d love to accomplish this year. Of course there are the obvious things: building great relationships, excelling with the responsibilities and roles I’ve already found myself in, pursuing future careers, etc. But to make sure I don’t forget to have fun and keep exploring on the way, a list was definitely in order.
I’ll admit, I totally stole the idea from Millennial Abroad. As he said, “The reason I love this project is because Steph has set parameters for herself that fall perfectly in line with one of our favourite mantras: ‘be gentle with yourself’. The list is meant to be a source of inspiration and to put a focus on having new adventures, as opposed to stressing about ticking off every single box,” so that’s the goal. I’ll try to post about each one as they happen, but you know. I’m an ENFP and life happens.
Wish me luck!
- Pay it forward
- Go on a road trip
- Try 3 new recipes
- Leave the country
- Read 3 new books
- Build a blanket fort
- Bartend a big event
- Help someone move
- Learn a full song on piano
- Learn a full song on guitar
- GoPro something really cool
- Start a great research project
- Produce a video I’m really proud of
- Help someone go vegan for a week
- Get Gainsborough to start recycling
- Go kayaking in a see-through kayak
- Learn what it takes to run a vineyard
- Speak only Spanish for an entire day
- Meet + interview a complete stranger
- Finally watch all the Star Wars movies
- Help organize a leadership conference or retreat
What’s on your list?